- OS: Ubuntu Maverick Meerkat 10.10 running in Desktop mode because Remix no worky for me.
- IDE: Eclipse Java EE IDE for Web Developers (Galileo)
- Hardware: Gateway LT31 Netbook w/ AMD Athlon 64
- JDK 1.6.0_22
- If you’re using low resolution, keep in mind GNOME has a tendency to hide important things (like scrollbars) if it runs out of room. If you’re missing something obvious, increase your resolution. I ran into this when installing the Android plugin. Duh.
- If Eclipse is throwing lots of timeout errors when you try to run something in the Android emulator, increase your timeout variable under Window -> Preferences -> Android -> DDMS -> ADB Connection Timeout. Mine’s at 50000 ms.
- For some reason, I get a lot of “Error in an XML file” errors for no apparent reason. Here’s a good explanation. I found cleaning my project (Project -> Clean) seems to work. You have to be really careful about not keeping old XML files in your projects.