Installing Parallels Tools:
- To enable networking, be in "Shared Network" and run "/sbin/dhclient eth0".
- Mount the CDROM: "mount /dev/cdrom /mnt/cdrom". You might need to create /mnt/cdrom directory.
- Install the prereqs: "yum install gcc kernel-devel".
- The kernel and kernel-devel package must be exactly the same. To check this, run "uname -a ; rpm -qa kernel\* | sort". For me, this returns 2.6.18-274.3.1.e15 for kernel, kernel-devel, and kernel-headers (don't think headers are required but not sure). If you need to update the kernel, "yum install kernel" and reboot.
- /mnt/cdrom/install should work
- Once installed, my Mac OS X home directory was available at /media/psf/Home.