Sunday, January 16, 2011

And finally, Notepad Example #3

The final example changes the manner in which data is passed between the Add/Edit activity and the main activity. Instead of packing them in the extras Bundle, the data is pulled from the database. So, note my first note from the Exercise 2 entry. I failed to consider what would happen when pausing the activity for whatever reason. Here are some random thoughts:
  • Not loving the ContextMenu: Doesn't seem to be an intuitive way to access operations but I'll keep an open mind. I would prefer to offer the "Delete Note" option as a button in the NodeEdit activity.
  • Moving the SQLiteDatabase object to the NoteEdit activity makes perfect sense. I just wonder if all those reads/writes introduces risk of lag, particularly when a remote/cloud data storage solution is used.

No comments:

Post a Comment